Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lost and Found



Sunday I did feral trapping.  Trapped a boy we call Tipper.  The tip of his tail looks like he dipped it in milk.  Here he is after surgery and recovering at the house before his release.


I hope to get pictures of him in the upcoming weeks to show his improvement. 

About the title of this post.. it's not John and I but pretty much all else.  It's probably only a matter of time before it is John and I.  We seem to be misplacing things often. 

And truth be told I'm actually anal about putting things back where you get them from.  That doesn't seem to be working here.  A while back it was John's keys.  We have a place for our keys.  All hanging real nice on this key rack I painted long ago.  Here it is here.


Ok, so it's not that nice. Actually it looks pretty messy but the keys are all together.  And if you put them where they go then you'll always be able to grab them when you need them.  Such a good idea!  

But John usually carries his keys around in his pocket.  I think he's worried I'll lock him out.  Anyway, we're working in the yard one day.  He has his keys.  They are not exactly *in* his pocket.  He just had them sorta hanging from the pocket.  New concept I guess.  So we're breezin' around the yard doing yard stuff.  Later he needs his keys.  "Have you seen my keys"

I tell him I did.  Hanging on his pocket earlier.  They are not there.  My lord! someone had stolen his keys right off his pocket!!!!  So we search. And search. And then we search more.  We probably spent a good 40 minutes looking for these keys.    They were no where.  And we kept going back to the places we had already looked repeatedly.  Neither of us trusted the other  one to do a good job looking.  Still no keys.  

We kept returning to the yard.  Going over and over the places we were in.  I'm sure we looked like fools out there in the front yard bent over scouring the ground for these keys.  Keys are nowhere.  We have not left the house/yard.  Where the heck can they be?!  And as we are standing there scratching our heads, John sees something shining in the branch of one of the crepe myrtles.  Yes, I said branch of a tree.  

Sure enough it's the keys!  They are hanging on this little branch about 4-4 1/2 feet off the ground.  I look at him.. "did you not remember you hung the keys from the tree for crying out loud?"  But he hadn't.  As he was moving back and forth around the yard, the lower part of the branch snagged the keys from his pocket and the branch must have snapped back and the keys ended up on the other branch.  Such a fluke.  We laughed and laughed.  Then I insisted he put his keys on the key rack. 

This past week we lost the cell phone.  Uh.. John lost the cell phone.  Ok, he misplaced the cell phone.  He's heading out the door to meet his brother.  Then comes right back in.  "Have you seen the cell phone?"    

Until next time, 

Hannah  


No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT © Hannah Atkinson 2010

All content, including text, photographs and design elements are © Hannah Atkinson. Content within this blog is shared for inspiration only. Not for commercial use.